SYMPTOMS OF ADENOIDS
- Difficulty breathing through the nose, breathing by mouth
- Snoring and sleeping with mouth open
- Nasal talking
- Sore throat and difficulty swallowing
- Sweating and drooling during sleep
- Sleep apnea (sleep disorder)
- Failure in the class
- Recurrent otitis media
- Deterioration of jaw bones and teeth
- Facial deformity (adenoid face)
- Growth hormone secretion disorder
- Cervical lymphadenopathies
TREATMENT OF ADENOIDS
First, drug treatment (antibiotics) is tried. If there is no inflammation in the nasal flesh, the nasal flesh may be expected to shrink spontaneously.
However, if the nasal flesh often causes middle ear inflammation, nasal flesh surgery (adenoidectomy) may be preferred if there is sleep apnea, difficulty in breathing, speech disorder or a disease of the nasal tissue or frequent recurrent nasal infection.