Botox/ What is Botox ? How does it effect?
Botulinium toxin which is obtained from a bacteria called Clostridium botulinium is used with botox application in many areas of medicine especially in plastic surgery and cosmetics for elimination of wrinkles. It becomes effective by preventing the movement of muscles. It limits the usage of mimics by blocking the communication between muscles and neurons.
Botox/ Botox Usage Areas
- Axilla Sweating,
- Hand, foot sweating,
- Elimination of thin wrinkles over skin
- Elimination of lines between eyebrows and in forehead
- Elimination of wrinkles around eyes (goose feet)
- Elimination of wrinkles over and around lip
- Lifting the eyebrow and nose tip
- In neck and décolleté wrinkles.
It is average 15 - 30 minutes.
Can Botox be applied to every one?
Application can not be implemented in;
- People having neuromuscular disorders and bleeding problems,
- People who has skin diseases where treatment is requested,
- Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Warnings before Botox Application
- Aspirin or drugs including aspirin should not ne taken.
- Alcohol should not be drunk for one week period before application.
Warnings after Botox Application
- Patient should stay in upright position for 1-2 hour period after treatment and muscles in injection regions should not work
- Exercises which may force should be avoided for 24 hour period.